un rincón más del mundo virtual

Blog para manternos en contacto con amigos y familiares. Esperamos que dejen sus comentarios. ********* Our blog to keep in touch with family and friends. Please feel free to leave a comment.

lunes, julio 02, 2007

idiomas // languages

You Should Learn French

C'est super! You appreciate the finer things in life... wine, art, cheese, love affairs.
You are definitely a Parisian at heart. You just need your tongue to catch up...

Encontré este test en el blog de Gisele, y como me fascinan los idiomas decidí contestarlo. Y resultó que debería aprender francés. El último idioma que había estado estudiando. Creo que debo retomarlo o seguir estudiando los idiomas que he dejado a medias.

Me encantaría poder hablar bien varias lenguas, pero aunque tengo facilidad para aprenderlas, no tengo el tiempo para seguir aprendiendo idiomas. Pero soy feliz estudiando otras lenguas para poder comprender y conocer otras culturas y poder apreciar otras maneras de ver el mundo.

Me gusta también descubrir cómo funcionan las lenguas en general. Por eso estudié mi maestría y mi doctorado en lingüística. Lo que más me gusta es la morfología (que estudia la formación de las palabras), la lexicografía (análisis y elaboración de diccionarios), el bilingüísmo y el uso de tecnología en la ensenhanza de lenguas extranjeras. Esto último es lo que más trabajo porque por lo general doy clases de español que me encanta.

I found this test in a Gisele's blog and I decided to take it because I love languages. Apparently, I should learn French. What a coincidence, this is the last language I had been studying. I should keep learning it or continue studying the other languages I have studied in the past.

I would love to be able to speak several languages, but even though I don't have a problem learning new languages, I do have a problem with time: no time to study languages right now. I like to know other languages to understand other cultures and to be able to appreciate other worldviews.

I also like to discover how languages work. That's why I studied my master's and my doctorate in Linguistics. The areas that I like the most are morphology (which studies word formation), lexicography (the art of compiling, writing and editing dictionaries as well as a discipline of developing theories of dictionary components and structures), bilinguism and using technology for language teaching. This is what I'm more familiar with since I usually work teaching Spanish.

Etiquetas:

2 Comments:

At 4:12 p.m., Blogger Steffi said...

You Should Learn Spanish

For you, learning a language is about career advancement and communication.
Knowing Spanish will bring you tons of possiblities for jobs and travel. Bárbaro!
________________________________
Hola Erica!
Cool test and I love learn foreign languages too!

Hasta luego!
Steffi

 
At 11:14 p.m., Blogger Erica said...

So maybe I can teach you some Spanish and in return you teach me some German. What do you say?

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home