un rincón más del mundo virtual

Blog para manternos en contacto con amigos y familiares. Esperamos que dejen sus comentarios. ********* Our blog to keep in touch with family and friends. Please feel free to leave a comment.

jueves, junio 05, 2008

5 things about me

I was tagged by Miriam and Adela to answer the following questions:

What were you doing five years ago?

- Living in Florida.
- Doing my PhD in Hispanic Linguistics.
- Getting ready for my Quals and thinking about my thesis proposal.
- Saying good bye to a summer in Rio de Janeiro (my American visa was going to expire that summer and we couldn't afford to go to Mexico to renew it.)
- Got pregnant.

What are five things (in no particular order) on your to-do list for today?
- Kill some ants (not on my list but had to do it, my studio was swarming with ants.)
- Do the syllabus for one of the 5 classes I'm going to be teaching next semester.
- Photocopy some texts to make a course packet for one of those classes.
- Go to the grocery store.(Done)
- Pick up the girls at school.

What are five snacks you enjoy?
- Popcorn with lime and chile sauce
- Mango or Lemon sherbets, popsicles, or ice-cones with "chamoy."
- Fruits and veggies with chile powder
- Tortilla chips and guacamole
- Nuts, seeds and dried fruit

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?

- Open more libraries for children, like this one they just opened in Oaxaca.
- Create and support groups that work with children to promote human development through Art and Culture, like this group here in Tuxtla. (Well, I think I'll volunteer to help them, because I don't think I'll ever be a billionaire.)
- Open a bookstore.
- Live in La Paz, so the girls could see their grandparents more often. (Don't need to be a billionaire to live there but need to save a lot of money to build a house and live without a job for a while.)
- Travel all over the world.

What are five of your bad habits?

- Bite my fingernails.
- Go to the kitchen every 5 minutes -if I'm working at home- to grab something to eat.
- Leave my belongings around. My studio is always a mess.
- I'm addicted to Internet.

What are five places you have lived?

- Mazatlán
- Puebla
- Monterrey
- Cuernavaca
- Valley City, North Dakota

What are five jobs you have had?

- English teacher.
- Spanish instructor.
- Research assistant
- Editorial assistant
- Linguistics instructor.

Which five people do you want to tag?
- Carlos
- Ginger
- Gisele
- Reichi
-

Etiquetas:

3 Comments:

At 1:16 p.m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Eeee! You just reminded me of all the snacks from Mexico that I love. Did you just say the word "chamoy"??? Ah! I'm glad I'll be going soon, otherwise I would be able to deal with the desire. And mango with lemon and chili powder...pocas cosas tan deliciosas.
It's nice that you've lived in so many different cities in Mexico. I always feel like I have only lived in Mexico partially. D.F. is Mexico but, like New York, it does not always give you a sense of other great things that make up the country.

 
At 11:59 a.m., Blogger Miriam Jerade said...

Mmm, chamoy, concuerdo con Adela. Y por fin sé a dónde viviste en EU, en Florida, ¿en qué ciudad?. Río de Janeiro es una ciudad deliciosa. Yo sufro de lo mismo, dejar cosas regadas y el internet, creo que sí deberíamos de restringirlo, de menos en horas al día...En fin, seguimos por acá.

 
At 10:43 a.m., Blogger Steffi said...

Great list and interesting to read!You lived already on nice places!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home